Look announced, that its popular Keo Power pedal system will gain ANT+ compatibility for 2016, while also maintaining Bluetooth Smart technology.
Initially, KEO Power pedal owners had to rely on Polar’s W.I.N.D. language, which was only compatible with the brand’s own head unit, before adopting Bluetooth Smart technology.
While this adoption provided greater compatibility with more devices, such as smartphones, the KEO’s still lacked the ability to interface with ANT+ devices, like Garmin.
In addition, according to Look, owners who currently have either the W.I.N.D. or Bluetooth version of their power pedals, can upgrade to the new ANT+ system.
The appeal of the KEO power pedals, has always been their ability to provide both left/right power metrics, without the need for cyclists to alter their drivetrain or wheelset in order to get power readings.
While prices for the US market are still forthcoming, consumers can expect to pay around $1699.00 for the dual power set-up, while the single-sided system will retail for roughly about half.
-Reliable power measurement: for accurate training
-ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart compatibility: all the features
-Used by pros and researchers
-An upgradeable system
-A LOOK pedal, the brand’s knowledge and experience
-Quick installation and only 150g added
-Kéo Power Kéo Power Essential Kéo Power Kéo Power Essential
-Power v v v v
-Pedalling cycle regularity
-Dead points v v
-Force v v
RELIABLE POWER MEASUREMENT
The KEO POWER DUAL MODE is the third generation of the reference design in power measurement pedals. Propelling forces are measured by 8 strain gauges.
From the KEO POWER LAB, the reinforced inspection procedure ensures reliable power measurement:
• Better than 2% accuracy from 0 to 160 kg. (difference between measurement and reality)
• Better than 2% reproducibility (difference between measurements on the same KEO POWER system in different conditions)
• Less than 2% disparity (difference in measurement between two KEO POWER systems)
This performance can be further improved after installation thanks to a simple calibration procedure accessible to all via the KEO POWER APP application.
As a result of its design the KEO POWER is not affected by pedaling style nor temperature variations in a 10°C range (above that your computer will indicate the need for resetting to zero).
• BLUETOOTH & ANT+ COMPATIBLE (NEW FOR 2016)
The KEO POWER 2016 adds ANT+ compatibility through its DUAL MODE RADIO.
The KEO POWER 2016 is thus open to all compatible power computers on the market:
• BLUETOOTH SMART: IPhone 4S+, ANDROID4.3+, POLAR, LEZYNE, CATEYE, …
• ANT+: GARMIN, SIGMA, CATEYE, BONTRAGER, PRO, MIO, CICLOSPORT, PIONEER, POWERTAP, OSYNCE, MAGELLAN, FALK, SPECIALIZED, SUUNTO, SRM …
• USED BY PROS AND RESEARCHERS
Designed for reliability and reproducibility of its measurements, the KEO POWER also takes into account the specific problems of pros and research laboratories.
KEO POWER APP thus produces:
• Batch TCX standard raw data dowload for trainers.
• up to 2 real time analogue channels.
• AN UPGRADEABLE SYSTEM
Available in three versions:
• KEO POWER
Instrumentation for both pedals. Left-right balance
• KEO POWER ESSENTIAL
Instrumentation for the left pedal only
• KEO POWER EXTENSION
Instrumentation for the right pedal only: allows you to upgrade from the Kéo Power Essential to the Kéo Power Dual Mode and so increase the functionality and accuracy of your system.
The DUAL MODE UPGRADE programme also allows you to update your KEO POWER WIND (v1) and KEO POWER BLUETOOTH (v2) to the new functionalities (operation performed by an authorised LOOK retailer).
• A LOOK PEDAL
Efficiency, reliability, lightness, enjoy all the characteristics that make the KEO range a success:
• Wide platform surface: 62mm – 400mm2, for excellent pedalling stability and power transmission.
• Reduced stack height: 17.5 mm, for optimum movement.
• Lightness: 150g extra (compared to the top of the range LOOK pedals). Miniaturised electronics have allowed the weight with radios to be maintained at 388g for a pair
And of course the axle has been the subject of particular attention (3 bearings, double sealed) and subject to the same validation tests as the standard axles. KEO POWER axles are approved after 2 million cycles at 100rev/min with a 90kg load on the pedal centre and eccentric rotation (which creates a shock at each revolution). This test is greatly superior to the current standard (EN1478).
• QUICK INSTALLATION
• Very easy to install and compatible with all bicycles.
• Can be moved from one bicycle to another, unlike other systems.
• Compatible with the majority of 2015 and 2016 cranksets, crank thickness less than 16 mm, height less than 40mm.
• KEO POWER APP: maintenance and diagnostic application for KEO POWER
• KEO POWER DUAL MODE
KEO POWER PACK:
2 instrumented pedals
All the Keo Power technology + Power measured at each spindle and left / right power balance indicated as a percentage. This will enable experienced cyclists to improve their pedalling technique.
• KEO POWER DUAL MODE ESSENTIAL
KEO POWER ESSENTIAL PACK:
1 instrumented left-hand pedal / 1 standard right-hand pedal
All the Keo Power technology
No left / right power measurement. Total power will be provided by multiplying the measurement taken at the left-hand pedal by 2.
You must be logged in to post a comment.