Despite wandering in the wilderness for years with its original 11-speed K-Force WE groupset, Full Speed Ahead (FSA) has announced an updated version that’s now 12-speed and disc brake only.
Like its predecessor, the updated groupset features the same standalone shifters that communicate with the control unit mounted on the front derailleur via ANT+ using coin cell batteries, while wires from the internal battery allow the front and rear derailleurs to communicate with one another.
Again, the only obvious update is the addition of a 12-speed cassette, and FSA’s decision to pair the WE groupset with its atheistically more pleasing K-Force Team Edition BB386EVO crankset, which features 3K carbon fiber crankarms and one-piece, direct mount CNC AL7075 chainrings.
Regarding brakes, the K-Force WE rotors comprise a two-piece design with a forged aluminum carrier, ground stainless steel rings and rounded edges that work with either center-lock or six-bolt hubs, and are available in both 160mm or 140mm diameters.
Additionally, charging was previously carried out by replacing the front derailleur wire with the charger. While the battery and wiring looks unchanged, there’s currently no information regarding this process, or expected battery life.
Here are some detailed specs on the updated 12-speed K-Force WE groupset.
K-Force Team Edition BB386EVO Crankset
• Hollow 3K carbon fibre arms
• Carbon composite arms
• AL7075 100% CNC chainrings
• 30mm CNC machined AL7050 BB386EVO spindle
• Crank lengths – 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175mm
• Chainrings – 54/40T, 50/34T, 46/30T
• Claimed weight – 544 grams (54/40T)
K-Force WE 12-speed Disc Brake Shifters
• Lever reach adjustment
• Composite lever blade
• Coin cell battery – CR2032
• Claimed weight – 405g / pair
K-Force WE 12-speed Rear Derailleur
• Max capacity: 32T
• Carbon finish and composite
• Claimed weight – 240g
K-Force WE 12-speed Front Derailleur
• 70 ms shift time
• Chainring sizes – 53/40T, 52/39T, 50/37T, 46/33T
• Tooth difference: 16T-19T
• Claimed weight – 159g
K-Force WE Battery
• 1100 mAh
• Compatible with FSA seatpost adaptor – Ø27.2 & Ø31.6 seatposts
K-Force WE Rotor
• Two-piece rotor with forged aluminium carrier
• Double disc ground stainless steel rub ring
• 6 Bolts or Centerlock
• 160mm and 140mm rotors
• Claimed weight – 125g (160mm – 6 Bolts)
K-Force WE 12-speed Cassette
• Cast and heat-treated one-piece cassette
• 13% weight reduction from previous generation
• Combinations: 11-25T, 11-28T, 11-32T
• Claimed weight – 195g (11-32T)
K-Force WE 12-speed chain
• 5.6mm width
• Nickel plated finish
• Claimed weight – 250g (116 Links)
Total groupset claimed weight – 2,390g
You must be logged in to post a comment.