The equipment lines between bikepackers, adventure cyclists, earth travelers and global trekkers seem to be overlapping more than ever these days, particularly when it comes to the need for mobility when traversing the great expanse of the outdoors.
One of the more interesting vehicle designs to emerge lately, is the Canoo all-electric truck that’s ready for any adventure.
Utilizing a mix of proprietary architecture, pioneering technology and innovative design, the Canoo redefines the classic pickup truck with a modern aesthetic that’s environmentally friendly vehicle. Yet, despite its compact footprint, the vehicle provides massive cargo capacity and serious off-road capabilities.
“We are so passionate about building vehicles that can change people’s lives,” said Tony Aquila, Executive Chairman of the Los Angeles-based company. “Our pickup truck is as strong as the toughest trucks out there and is designed to be exponentially more productive. This truck works for you. We made accessories for people who use trucks – on the job, weekends, adventure. You name it, we did it because it’s your platform and she’s bad to the bone.”
Brought forwards, the passenger compartment optimizes driver visibility. The signature Canoo headlights and taillights give the truck a distinctive appearance, while the advanced lighting technology offers adaptive safety. Purposefully designed to make the user’s life easier, the truck comes with a huge range of modular and flexible features. Apart from a pull-out bed extension, the car also features flip-down expandable side tables which can double as workbenches. The front cargo area has integrated tool and gear storage and comes with a fold-down worktable designed with electrical outlets. The truck bed comes with the company’s modular space divider system; this allows the user to organize items and keep them secure at the same time. Modular wheel chocks can easily help secure bikes.
Other features that highlight the Canoo include a multi-accessory charge port, a storage area underneath the side step, integrated overhead and truck bed lighting, optional roof racks, and camper shell compatibility. As for tech specs, the company aims to offer the design in both dual and rear motor configurations, offering up to 600 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque, a payload capacity of 1800 pounds and a battery range of over 200 miles.
The Canoo is the third vehicle that’s based on the company’s proprietary multi-purpose platform architecture, enabling the accelerated development timeline.
Full specifications for the Canoo will be revealed closer to production.
· Dual or rear motor configurations
· Up to 600 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque with dual motors
· Vehicle payload capacity of 1800lbs
· 200+ miles of battery range
· Steer-by-wire and brake-by-wire technology
· Tow hitch receiver
· Wheelbase: 112.2 inches/ 2850 mm
· Overall length: 184 inches/ 4677 mm (with bed extension: 213 inches/ 5400 mm)
· Width: 78 inches/ 1980 mm (with mirrors: 87 inches/ 2209 mm)
· Height: 76 inches/ 1920 mm (with roof rack: 82 inches/ 2085 mm)
· Bed W,L: 64 inches/ 1627 mm x 72 inches/ 1817 mm (with extension: 64 inches/ 1627 mm x 102 inches/ 2600 mm)
· Bed depth: 21 inches/ 522 mm
· Roof rack W,L: 48 inches/ 1230 mm x 54 inches/ 1360 mm (as shown)
· Tires: 265 60r18 (as shown)
You must be logged in to post a comment.