Jeremy Powers and Elle Anderson won Day 1 of the 2013 Baystate Cyclocross Weekend in Sterling, Massachusetts.
The weekend’s races, run at the Chocksett School, serve as rounds nine and 10 of the Verge New England Cyclocross Championship Series.
Powers was alone with one lap to race – taking the men’s victory ahead of Curtis White, with Jeremy Durrin finishing third.
Similarly, Anderson soloed to victory in the women’s race with Emma White taking second and Crystal Anthony finishing third.
Racing continues today with round two.
Elite Men’s Top Ten
1. Jeremy Powers (Rapha-Focus)
2. Curtis White (Cannondale P/B Cyclocrossworld)
3. Jeremy Durrin (Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies)
4. Shawn Milne (Keough Cyclocross p/b Felt Bicycle)
5. Robert Marion (American Classic Pro CX Team)
6. Christian Favata (TRT Bicycles p/b Stans No Tubes)
7. Dan Timmerman (House Industries – Richard Sachs)
8. Anthony Clark (JAM Fund/NCC)
9. Adam Myerson (Team SmartStop-Mountain Khakis)
10. Joachim Parbo (Challenge Tires)
Elite women’s top ten
1. Elle Anderson (California Giant/Specialized)
2. Emma White (Cyclocrossworld.Com)
3. Crystal Anthony (Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies)
4. Laura Van Gilder (Van Dessel P/B Mellow Mushroom Pizza)
5. Arley Kemmerer (C3-Twenty20 Cycling Co.)
6. Mo Bruno Roy (Bob’s Red Mill p/b Seven Cycles)
7. Amanda Carey (Stan’s Notubes Elite)
8. Christina Birch (Jam Fund/NCC)
9. Ellen Noble (Trek)
10. Cassandra Maximenko (Rare Vos Racing/Van Dessel)
You must be logged in to post a comment.