After months of speculation and a plethora "spy" photos along the way, SRAM officially unveiled it’s much anticipated CX1 Cyclocross specific groupset this week.
The SRAM CX1 groupset features many of the same technologies as their popular XX1 and XO1 drivetrains, and SRAM owners who are currently using the company’s 11-speed road groupsets can upgrade to a CX1 system for a cost of $366 (must already be using a compact, 110 BCD), by replacing only the rear derailleur and the chainring.
The total cost of the CX1 group is set to be about $100 — not counting the brakes.
The CX1 is slated to become available in June or July, and at some point it’s expected to receive an upgrade for disc brakes
The new SRAM Force CX1 groupset is a complete high-performance 1×11 cyclocross drivetrain created by blending the best of SRAM’s revolutionary XX1 mountain bike and road technologies.
This is a single-ring, 11-speed complete drivetrain that is lighter, simpler, and tougher while offering a clean look and optimal gear selection for cyclocross. SRAM Force CX1 offers better chain management and smooth shifting no matter the conditions or terrain. It is the only true 1x dedicated cyclocross system:
SRAM Force CX1 simplifies cyclocross to its essence – rider and machine working smoothly and seamlessly on any course against the competition:
• A complete high-performance cyclocross drivetrain • Based on our 1X philosophy of a purpose built system utilizing SRAM’s
X-SYNC™, X-HORIZON™, Type-2™ and Exact Actuation™ technologies
• Perfect gear ratios for CX racing with improved shifting • Extremely light weight, 205g savings over Force22 2X • Better overall system durability
SRAM Force CX1 ErgoDynamic™ lever
– Bred from the DNA of our best-in-class SRAM RED levers with the added feature of 1X11. – ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better
control, and a better transition to the bar. – Reach Adjust™ allows you to perfectly set lever reach to your personal specifications.
Weight: 119 grams left lever (vs. 158 grams right lever)
SRAM Force CX1 Crankset
– SRAM X-SYNC™ wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain
control, crucial in cyclocross. – Unidirectional carbon in crank arm matched to a forged alloy spider for lightweight and
durability. – Chainrings available in 38, 40, 42, 44 and 46 teeth to conquer every course from sand dunes
to gravel-road assaults. – Single-ring drivetrain simplifies functionality.
Weight (42T – 172.5mm): 542 grams (BB30), 710g (GXP)
SRAM Force CX1 X-SYNC Chainring
– SRAM X-SYNC™ 1X chainrings provide the highest level of performance and durability. – SRAM X-SYNC™ wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain
control, crucial in ‘cross. – The sharp and narrow tooth profile as well as rounded chamfer edges help manage a deflected
chain. – Mud-clearing recesses for the inner chain links and rollers. – Designed by SRAM in Germany, X-SYNC™ rings are an integral part of the SRAM 1X. – CX1 X-SYNC ™ chainrings are compatible with Quarq brand power meters
Weight: 75g (42T)
SRAM Force CX1 Rear derailleur
– A dedicated 1x rear derailleur. – Exact Actuation™ for fast and accurate shifts using SRAM’s 1:1 actuation ratio (shifter cable
travel: derailleur movement). 10 and 11 speed compatible. – X-SYNC™ pulley features a 12-tooth design that helps control the chain’s lateral movement. – X-HORIZON™ “straight parallelogram” design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which
makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. – ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™’s one-way roller clutch controls chain tension for consistent
– CAGE LOCK™ technology makes for fast wheel changes or chain installation.
SRAM PG-1170 Cassette
Cassette’s semi-spidered design maintains smooth and positive shifting performance with a matched cassette/chain combination that runs near silent and maintains great mud clearing capabilities.
Weights: 247g (11-26), 257g (11-28), 300g (11-32)
SRAM PC-1170 Chain
The narrow SRAM PC-1170 chain features more heavily chamfered outer plates for improved shifting and quieter running. The chrome hardened pin construction provides longer chain life.
You must be logged in to post a comment.