It’s not too late to get your mud guards out, and make it to this year’s Washington Women of Cyclocross event.
“Cross our hearts and hope for mud” is the new anthem for Washington Women of Cyclocross, a local group dedicated to the down-and-dirty sport of off-road, sometimes off-bike racing. This festival is the nation’s only women-specific cyclocross event, with clinics for beginners and intermediate racers, races for all skil…l levels, kids’ events, and our unique (and popular) Mom’s race!
The Washington Women of Cross (WWCX) is excited to announce the second annual WWCX Cyclocross Festival and Women Celebration Race on Sunday, August 24, at Saint Edward Park in Kenmore, Wash.
The Washington Women of Cross (WWCX) Cyclocross Festival is an event to promote and provide an opportunity for women to learn about, experience and participate in cyclocross as well as celebrate the women who participate and race cyclocross at all levels.
– Take advantage of the online, pre-registration discount: bikereg.com/WomenCX
– Spectating/Expo free for men, women, and children.
– Men are welcome and encouraged to participate in the cross-a-thon and the World Bicycle
Relief Men’s Race.
The WWCX Women Cyclocross Festival will include:
– Cyclocross Expo featuring the Washington cyclocross community, local bike shops, health and
fitness resources, cycling products, and cyclocross bike demo opportunities.
– Meet-the-teams area for new racers to connect with women’s teams.
– Women Cyclocross Skills Clinics presented by Cycle U for beginner and intermediate
experience levels facilitated by local elite women cyclocross racers and teams.
– Cross-A-Thon which is a non-competitive cyclocross race simulation experience opportunity
for all ages, women and men. Think “walk-a-thon”- cyclocross style! All proceeds benefit the
Evergreen Washington Student League.
– Mom Category Race presented by Voler to truly celebrate and recognize women who balance
cyclocross with their other life roles. Mom categories will be based on age of their oldest child.
– Women Celebration Cyclocross Race with a range of race categories for women and junior
– Kid’s race (boys and girls), Kiddical Mass, Isla Bike bike area for the young ‘uns.
– New for 2014 World Bicycle Relief Men’s Race.
The WWCX is an inspiration of the women’s cyclocross community as a means to organize and promote women and the sport of cyclocross for women.
For the latest event information and to join the WWCX community, visit facebook.com/womencx , twitter.com/womencx, andwomencx.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.