Stages has announced the launch of two new GPS cycling computers called the Dash L200 and the Dash M200.
The Dash 200’s feature a brilliant full-color screen, cycling specific maps and a full assortment of training features. Moreover, both computers can be paired via ANT+ and Bluetooth to power meters, heart rate monitors, smart trainers and smart lights such as the Garmin Varia, providing up to 12 data fields on each screen.
Additionally, WiFi compatibility and the new Stages Cycling app allows cyclists to easily and wirelessly add workouts, courses, or maps to Dash, and sync rides to third party apps like TrainingPeaks and Strava.
The Dash 200’s also come with a quarter turn mount and can be displayed in landscape or portrait mode.
Stages Dash M200 features a full-color 2.2 inch display, 16 GB of storage and a weight of 77g., while the larger Dash L200 features a 2.7 inch display and weighs 105g.
The 200 series Dash GPS cycling computer is Stages’ 3rd generation head unit, but the first time Stages has designed and built head units in cooperation with Giant Bicycles.
“Stages has worked with Giant Group as a manufacturing partner on our smart and commercial indoor bikes for several years, and we’re thrilled to expand the partnership to head units. Giant was able to add valuable insight to the project with their product development and industry experience, and Stages brings training and software expertise. The combination delivers an excellent product to the end consumer,” says Pat Warner, SVP of Product at Stages Cycling.
The Dash has already seen World Tour success with major stage wins from Giant-sponsored Team Bike Exchange-Jayco.
“We’ve enjoyed a great working relationship with the team at Stages and have immense respect for what they have accomplished in the last 10 years. Partnering with them to bring this new generation of Dash head units to market brought the strengths of both companies together. The cooperation has definitely delivered class-leading head units that provide clear and relevant riding data across Giant’s full range of bikes including our e-bike category,” explains Jeff Schneider, Head of Product & Marketing for Gear at Giant.
The 2.2-inch Dash M200 costs $279.00, while the larger 2.7-inch Dash L200 sells for $329.00.Both computers are available with either Stages or Giant Bicycle branding.
• Automatic Profiles: Dash automatically builds screens and data fields based on connected sensors
• Live data graphing: See live graphs on device of power, heart rate, cadence, speed, or elevation
• Bright, full color, high resolution screen with backlight, user-selectable brightness, auto dimming mode, and Dark Mode
• Supported by the powerful Stages Cycling app for easy customization, setup, and ride analysis
• Cycling specific maps with color coded roads, bike routes, paths and trails
• Points of interest including bike shops, cafes, pubs, gas stations and rest stops
• Turn-by-turn course navigation with on-screen notifications and audio alerts
• FTP and heart rate zone estimator, with color coded power and HR zones
• Preloaded with workouts, and advanced power metrics including TSS, IF and Normalized Power
• New and improved hardware. IP57 dust and water resistant, durable and easy to navigate between pages or hit Lap.
• Battery Life: 10 hours at max operation (Displaying maps with 1 sensor connected, with 100% backlight). Up to 18 hours with reduced power mode enabled.
• Storage Space: 16GB
• Mount: Quarter turn
• Wi-Fi enabled for wireless transfer of routes, workouts and rides
Learn more here
You must be logged in to post a comment.