While many feel that most races are decided in the "climbs", significant time and distant can be made up (or created if that be the case), during a well executed descent. Here is a compilation of 5 examples where top pros have demonstrated their descending acumen.
1. Despite suffering a puncture on stage 7 of the 2009 Tour de France, Fabian Cancellara worked his way back to the main field amongst team cars and motor brigades.
2. With not so much as a turn of the pedals, Peter Sagan proceeds to ride clear of the peloton during stage 6 of the 2014 Tour de Suisse.
3. Watch Vincenzo Nibali descend at what appears to be twice the speed of his rivals, during stage 11 of the 2011 Giro d’Italia.
4. Samuel Sanchez descends with impunity during stage 19 of the 2011 Tour de France.
5. Before being kicked-out of the sport for "doping", Michael Rasmussen sweeps through turns during stage 9 of the 2005 Tour de France. Was it his mountain bike skills, or EPO at work ?
You must be logged in to post a comment.