Registering with us you can chose between two available routes, Carmel Valley Route (96 miles) and Coastal Route (49.3 miles). There is no price difference between the two and both include:
A goodie bag with:
– Sea Otter Classic Four-Day Festival Pass giving you access to to the world’s largest consumer bike exposition
– Personalized bib number
– Helmet sticker
– Timing chip to challenge yourself timing your ride from start to finish
– Tickets for bike-and-bag valet service
– Gran Fondo raffle ticket
Dedicated services and facilities:
– The Pasta Party, the opportunity to taste authentic Italian specialties and products
– The drink at Sierra Nevada Beer & BBQ Garden
– The Commemorative Finisher’s Medal
– Fully supported rest stops and refueling stations
– SAG support, including mobile tech
– Post- ride shower and massages area access
– Special prizing ceremony taking place at 5 p.m. in the lunch tent
– Personalized completion certificate to be printed once home, proving you made it. Have a look at it, click
The registration is online. Once you will access the registration page, scroll it down until you get to the Gran Fondo Giro d’ Italia Sea Otter Classic category and select your chosen route (Coastal or Carmel Valley) and whether you prefer to ride alone or with another cyclist with a tandem. Register
Price are the same for both Coastal and Carmel Valley Route, the only difference is for the tandem. Refunds will not be possible. Here are the registration fees:
-Carmel Valley Route: $130
-Coastal Route: $130
The 2013 Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia Sea Otter Classic will offer two Gran Fondo routes.
– Carmel Valley Route , 96 miles
– Coastal Route, 49.3 miles
Both Coastal route and Carmel Valley route will start at 6:30 am . The starting will be at Sea Otter Classic Bridge and the finishing will be near the Trackview Pavilion/Red Bull Energy Center, the same building where the athlete registration will happen
Where and when do I pick-up my goodie bag?
You can pick up your goodie bag on-site at the Gran Fondo registration table in the Athlete Registration building according to the following timetable:
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 – noon to 6 p.m.
Thursday, April 18, 2013 – 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, April 19, 2013 – 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, April 20, 2013 – 30 minutes only: 6 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.
Parking at the Sea Otter Classic is always free, whether you arrive by bike or by motor vehicle. Follow the directions to Laguna Seca Recreation Area where our friendly parking staff will guide you to the appropriate parking location.
Please check out all the details
The Gran Fondo provides scheduled refueling and hydration stations. Those riding along the Carmel Valley Route will get a refresh with light snacks and beverages in the lovely settings of Zabala Vineyards and Los Laureles Lodge, along with two more remote stops, including Cahoon Summit. Cyclists on the Coastal Route will enjoy snacks and beverages in Monterey, plus a smaller, more basic hydration stop near Pebble Beach.
The two road Gran Fondo routes (Carmel Valley, and Coastal) are intended to be enjoyed with family, or with friends–whether they are old pals or friends newly made on this ride. Have fun in the company of others, surrounded by beautiful vistas of Monterey County and take time for the refreshment that awaits you at each rest stop.
Although this is a ride, not a race, there will be some cyclists looking for a challenge! In order to satisfy this desire, the routes will be timed from start to finish.
You must be logged in to post a comment.