Northwave unveiled its new Extreme RR road shoe earlier this year at the annual Interbike show in Las Vegas.
The Extreme RR features Northwave’s revolutionary XFrame technology that’s designed to eliminate pressure point issues many cycling shoes present.
Indeed, the Italian company’s XFrame makes for a real game changer, given its combination of ultra-soft and comfortable materials with a redesigned closure that sets new benchmarks in terms of fit uniformity around the entire foot.
In addition, with XFrame, the performance of the Extreme RR’s exclusive SLW2 BOA dial is enhanced by the innovative route of the cable on the upper, no plastic eyelets are used to route the cable, only specially positioned textile loops.
A complex system of angles, designed with geometric precision through special textile loops, creates a unique frame over the upper to provide the snuggest and most even fit ever, eliminating the pressure points while being extremely easy to adjust with only one SLW2 rotor.
The Extreme RR also comes with two insoles in order to accommodate narrow to wide feet.
• Ultralight Carbon 15 sole made of 100% unidirectional carbon combined with a reinforced layer. With a stiffness index of 15.0, it’s the bestperforming Northwave sole ever
• NW Speedplay adapter compatible for the lowest stack height between foot and pedal
• Made with Xframe patented construction and ultralight next generation materials that are only 0.5 mm thick, the upper transfers every watt of power and provides the snuggest, even fit with no pressure points
• SLW2 dial, the only one with step-by-step and full release in a single button
• Integrated heel system containing directional fiber prevents any slipping
You must be logged in to post a comment.