Bike Law network lawyers, Bruce Hagen and Bob Mionske discuss one of the most FAQ we receive – “What to do if I’m in a bike accident?”
We have written extensively on the topic of what to do after a bicycle crash and at our recent Bike Law retreat, we put together an information-rich video on our tips for what to do after you’ve been in a bike crash and why we call it a crash, not an accident.
INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE A BIKE CRASH
Unfortunately, people often find our resources when they are searching the internet after they have been hit by a car. We ask you to share this information widely so that bicyclists know what to do before an incident occurs.
Key things covered in the video:
• Why we call them bicycle crashes and not accidents. You can learn more about this topic in past articles.
• Why you should call the police
• What information you should gather
• Why you should visit a doctor
• How to handle insurance
• What to look for in a good bicycle crash attorney
10 THINGS TO DO AFTER A BIKE CRASH
OTHER BICYCLE CRASH RESOURCES
Other articles we believe every cyclist should read:
• Learn more about bicycle safety
• Damaged bike in a crash? Make a claim
• Does auto insurance cover a bicycle crash?
• Insurance advice for bicyclists and most everywhere else
You must be logged in to post a comment.