Zwift has unveiled its latest virtual travel destination, the Makuri Islands, the first of which will feature Yumezi, a fantastical countryside destination, inspired by Japanese culture.
“The spirit of an ancient land is calling. Yumezi’s tranquil forests have been still and quiet for years but from today, a new energy will be felt as its roads and gravel trails will be opened to Zwifters for exploration by bike or by foot. Yumezi (yu-meh-zi ᐧ 夢路) means “path to dreams.” Yumezi is a Japanese haiku-inspired name, with its two characters (夢路) taken from a poem by renowned Meiji-era poet, Shiki Masaoka,” says Zwift.
Yumezi boasts a wide variety of road types from tight, flat, winding roads ideal for fast races to dirt roads and cobbled market streets.
Zwifters exploring the new map will discover lush green fields, ginkgo forests bristling with life and mystical creatures, cherry blossom trees, gushing waterfalls and ancient temples.
Yumezi features 8 new routes across 53 miles of new roads here:
• Sea to Tree (3.3km/108m elevation) – A short, challenging climb from the peaceful Fishing Village.
• Kappa Quest (9.1km/140m elevation) – This scenic loop is filled with Temples and Shrines.
• Chain Chomper (13.6km/184m elevation) – Two challenging KOM’s and a Sprint, test your endurance around the countryside.
• Countryside Tour (15.9km/185m elevation) – From farmlands to mystical mountains, this looped route is the perfect way to visit the countryside!
• Flatland Loop (13km/99m elevation) – A gentle and flat route winding around the countryside.
• Two Village Loop (12.8km/88m elevation) – Explore two villages as you pedal through this challenging circuit.
• Spirit Forest (8.5km/135m elevation) – Grind your way through this mystical figure 8. Visit at night and ride with the spirits!
• Three Village Loop (10.6km/93m elevation) – Climb, sprint and explore three unique villages in one go.
Explore all of Yumezi’s fresh roads May 20–30, 2021, when the Makuri Islands are available as a special Guest World on the Zwift home screen.
Starting June 1, Yumezi will be available for regular rotation.
You must be logged in to post a comment.